How Fast Can Water Damage My Home in New Haven?
Do you know that water can cause serious damage in one to two hours if not mitigated quickly? Our local Northeast Macomb Township offers this water damage timeline to describe the damage water can do to a property over time:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in New Haven has a water damage emergency, our local team in Northeast Macomb Township is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on call and ready to respond 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Call us today at 586-930-5659.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.